University Grants Commission (UGC) stated in a letter on November 26th to all the vice-chancellors of all the Central Universities across India, including the University of Delhi (DU), JNU, etc to conduct CUCET from the academic session 2022-23.
So, Yes! If you want to take admission in any of the Undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (PG) courses under whichever Central University of India you need to give a common entrance for the same.
What is CUCET?
Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is a common entrance conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission in several courses across all the 41 Central Universities present in India.
This exam was proposed in the New Education Policy (NEP), 2020 in order to have a common tool to assess students. Though CUCET used to be conducted for various PG courses earlier but UG admissions were mostly based on merit.
What will be the Eligibility criteria for CUCET 2022?
- Candidates must have passed 12th from a recognised board for admission in any of the bachelor’s programs.
- For PG courses the candidate must have done a bachelor’s degree with the respective subject in which he/she wishes to do post-graduation from a recognised University.
- You can read the detailed eligibility criteria on the respective sites of the universities.
What will be the syllabus for CUCET 2022?
For PG programs the syllabus will not be much different from CUCET 2021. The syllabus varies depending upon the program applied by the candidate.
However, as far as UG paper is concerned the paper is divided into two parts.
PART 1– a few general topics like English, General Knowledge, Reasoning, and Aptitude.
PART 2– subject-specific questions depending on the course the candidate is applying for.
Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)
Total no. of questions: 100
Total Marks: 100
Negative Marking: -0.25
How can I apply for CUCET 2022?
The official dates are yet to be announced. The exam is expected to be in May or June.
The steps for registration are as follows:
- Visit the official website of NTA – cucet.nta.nic.in
- Register yourself with a valid email ID and mobile no.
- Fill the application form (once the form becomes active according to the schedule:to be released)
- Select the programme you need to give entrance for (Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programmes)
- Upload the required documents and pay the fee as specified on the site.
CUCET Tentative Schedule
|Application form release||3rd week of March 2022|
|Last date for registration||4th week of April 2022|
|Admit Card release||2nd week of May 2022|
|Exam Day||3rd week of May 2022|
|Answer key release||4th week of May 2022|
|Objections in the answer key||1st week of June 2022|
|Final Result declaration||3rd week of June 2022|
What should I do after the CUCET results?
The results are usually declared a few weeks after the examination. You can visit the official site and check your scorecard. A merit list is released on the basis of percentile secured by each candidate for various programs.
A few days later allotment lists are released in which you can check your allotted seat on the basis of your percentile, course, and University preference made at the time of application.
After that, you need to apply against the respective seat in a given time frame. The rest of the process follows.