This article explains list the Top 10 Important Information about Railway Tatkal Ticket Reservation. Tatkal ticket reservation is for a person who wants to book a Train ticket on a short notice. One can book a Tatkal Reservation ticket one day before the Journey. For example, if your Journey date is 25/05/2018 then, you have to book a tatkal ticket on 24/05/2018.
Read Top 10 Important Information about Railway Tatkal Ticket Reservation
- Presently, The Tatkal ticket Booking timing for AC class starts from 10:00 am. Moreover, for the Sleeper Class, the booking starts from 11:00 am.
- You can’t book a Tatkal Ticket in First AC Class. However, You can book a tatkal ticket in all the Classes.
- One can book the Tatkal ticket Online or Offline. For Offline, one must have to visit the Passenger Reservation Center which is present at every Railway Junctions across India.
- If you want to book a tatkal ticket online, Create an account on IRCTC official site i.e. www.irctc.co.in. Login to this website 5-10 Minutes earlier. Fill out all the ticket details to increase the chance of getting the Ticket.
- Moreover, A Single IRCTC User ID can book only 2 Tatkal tickets.
- However, In a single session, one can book only 1 Tatkal Ticket.
- The Minimum, as well as maximum Tatkal Charge for Sleeper, is ₹ 100 to ₹ 200. After we complete these 10 Important points we also give you the List of Extra Tatkal Ticket Charges.
- According to Indian Railway Return & Refund Policy, An Unconfirmed Tatkal ticket will automatically cancel after chart preparation.
- A Passenger getting a waiting list in Tatkal ticket can get a confirm seat after the preparation of chart.
- You can cancel a ticket 30 min before the departure of Train.
Valid Identity Cards during Journey
During the Journey, you can carry any one of these ID cards for Identity Verification.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card, Credit Card.
- Driving Licence.
- Bank Passbook with Photo on it.
- Photo Identity Card which State or Central Government give you.
- Student Identity Card issued by School or Colleges to the Students with your photo on it.
Extra Charges for Tatkal Tickets
The Tatkal Fare is Minimum 30% Fare of Base Fare.
|Class of Travel||Minimum Tatkal
|Second Seating||₹ 10||₹ 15|
|Sleeper||₹ 100||₹ 200|
|AC Chair Car||₹ 125||₹ 225|
|AC 3 Tier||₹ 300||₹ 400|
|AC 2 Tier||₹ 400||₹ 500|
|Executive||₹ 400||₹ 500|