In this article, we have given you the details of how to protect yourself from Nipah Virus? We have also given you its symptoms. You Know your slight negligence will prove expensive for you. These days you have to pay an extra attention while purchasing fruits as well as eating them. Now, Experts says the biggest threat to Nipah Virus is evolving from fruits. Even the health department issue an instruction about this. According to them fruits that fall from trees, Chopped or Torn Fruits are more prone to this virus. They say these fruits might me licked or eaten by the bats.
What are the Main Sources of Nipah Virus?
Let me give you the info that Nipah is a virus which spreads from Animal to Human. Right Now, researchers found that the main source of this virus is bats and pigs. This virus can cause serious disease both in humans and animals.
How Nipah Virus Starts it Operation?
When a person gets in touch with this virus, then this virus starts its operation from Brain. First, the victim’s brain is swelling. Then, the infection spread into the victim’s chest. Due to which breathing problems are starting. Finally, the victim goes into Comma. Moreover, This virus also leads to the Victim Death.
Is there any Treatment Available for Nipah Virus?
Presently, there is no treatment available for this Virus. Like other viruses, its vaccine is also not made right now. A person affected by this virus has only 30% chance of survival.
How Nipah Virus Got the Name Nipah?
Do you know how this virus got its name? This Virus first originates in 1998 in an area in Malaysia whose name is also Nipah. That why scientists gave this virus the name Nipah.
What are the Fruits that People have to pay attention to?
According to the health department, People have to pay attention to those fruits which are imported from Kerala and its neighbour states. Some of the common fruits which Kerala exports are Banana, Mangoes, and, Avocado.
Okay read our guide of how to protect yourself from Nipah Virus below.
How to Protect Yourself from Nipah Virus? (Guide)
- Avoid eating the fruits that are fallen from trees or that are picked.
- Before eating the fruit, clean it using potash water.
- If you have kept the animal in your house, then cover their water and food also.
- Do not get in touch with an Animal or Human who is infected with this virus.
- If you see any symptoms of this virus in yourself, consult the Doctors who have the specialization in Encephalitis, Pediatrician etc.
Symptoms of Nipah Virus
According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention, following are the Symptoms of Nipah Virus.
- If a person gets in contact with Nipah Virus anyway, then the first 5-14 days is incubation period meaning in this period the Nipah Virus spread and lay eggs in the victim’s body.
- After that, the person has to fight with fever and headache for 3-14 days. This is the first time you see a sign of this virus in real. If a person is suffering from fever and headache for 3-14 days, then this can be a sign of a Nipah virus.
- A Victim suffers from Nipah Virus always feels of being sleepy, Disorientation and Mental Confusion.
- These signs and symptoms can progress to coma within 24-48 hours.
- Some patients have a respiratory illness during the early part of their infections, and half of the patients showing severe neurological signs.