In this article, we give you the 10 New IRCTC Online Train Ticket Reservation Rules. Recently, IRCTC update some of its rule for booking tickets online. As we all know, IRCTC is one of the subsidiaries of Indian Railway. The primary operations of IRCTC include Online Ticket Booking, Tourism and Catering.
However, Here we are not going to talk about IRCTC in detail. Instead, here we give you 10 New IRCTC Online Train Ticket Reservation Rules. IRCTC has updated these rules recently. So, without wasting any time let’s start.
List of 10 New IRCTC Online Train Ticket Reservation Rules
- According to one of the latest rule by IRCTC, Now, a passenger can book a ticket 120 days before the Journey. That is approximately 4 months before the Journey.
- If a user has verified his/her Aadhaar details on the IRCTC website then he/she can book at most 12 tickets per month. Moreover, if one hasn’t verified his/her Aadhaar details then he/she can book at most 6 tickets a month.
- The Booking of Tatkal Ticket starts from 10 am & 11 am respectively. At 10 am the booking of AC Tatkal ticket starts. However, At 11 am the booking of Sleeper Tatkal ticket starts. Moreover, All type of tatkal ticket reservation will open till 12:00 noon.
- One IRCTC user id can book only 2 Tatkal Tickets.
- Moreover, A user can book only 1 Tatkal ticket in one login session.
- In one Tatkal ticket, a user can book a maximum of 6 seats only.
- An agent can book tickets in the following time intervals:
- Between 8:00 am to 8:30 am
- Between 10:00 am to 10:30 am
- And In Between 11:00 am to 11:30 am
- When online Tatkal ticket booking starts, The authorized agents can’t book the tickets for 30 minutes. Moreover, they can start booking the tickets after 30 minutes of opening the online tatkal counter. IRCTC creates this gap for authorized agents so that a normal customer can also book a tatkal ticket itself.
- During Ticket booking on IRCTC portal, now you got only 25 sec to fill up the passenger details. Moreover, The timeout time to fill the CAPTCHA is now limit to 5 sec only. Remember and prepare for these time limitation before booking a ticket.
- Now, IRCTC gives an option to every passenger to claim a refund of the ticket under certain conditions. You can read about those conditions here: Ticket Refund Conditions.